New: Curriculum Contractors Handsam E-training Course
The new e-Training Centre module on Curriculum Contractors is now live
This course outlines everything you need to know about curriculum contractors for staff who manage or book non-employee staff to deliver activities that are non-construction based.
It is most likely that your school already contracts multiple external experts who are not actually staff members, for example music tutors, minibus drivers and school nurses. The course provides information about the employment, management and ongoing evaluation of contracted staff like this.
What does the course cover?
This course outlines:
- Who contractors are;
- How to select suitable contractors for your school;
- The importance of DBS and other checks;
- What information you should and should not provide to contractors;
- What information contractors should supply to you before delivering their sessions;
- The ongoing management of contractors; and
- Multiple-choice questions to enhance your learning.
Who is the course for?
This module is suitable for all staff who manage or book non-employee staff to deliver activities that are not to do with either construction or facilities. The course is aimed at:
- Heads of departments;
- Site managers;
- Head teachers;
- LAs; and
- Staff responsible for organising/employing curriculum contractors
Who are contractors?
Curriculum contractors are staff who are external experts contracted by the school. They may be:
- Teachers in a specialised subject like sports, drama, history, music or food technology;
- Technical staff who specialise in engineering, mechanics or hairdressing;
- Specialist SEND staff who work with individual students;
- School nurses;
- Lab technicians;
- Minibus drivers; and
- Careers personnel.
If you would like access to the Curriculum Contractors course and our wide range of e-training courses, please get in contact with our client support team via telephone on 03332 070737 or email email@example.com to upgrade your subscription.